DAY 01.- Cusco (3400 m.a.s.l.) – Mollepata – Soraypampa
We pick you up from the hotel at around 7 am and travel by private Bus or by Car to Mollepata District (2800m). which is a small community located down along the main road from Cusco to Abancay, then we keep travelling to Cruzpata (3050m) arriving approximately at 10:00 am, and here we start our trip and meet our arrieros "horsemen" and trek crew to help us to make easy our hike.
During the morning we walk approximately 2.30 hours going up appreciating the diversity of the flora and fauna typical from this ecological site, and then we stop to enjoy our delicious lunch at Chuñuna which is a quiet spot.
And then in the afternoon we will hike for about 3 hours and after a funny and relaxing hiking we arrive to our first campsite which is at Soraypampa (3800m) , where we have our dinner and pass the first night.
Aprox. 5.30 hours hike
DAY 02.- Soraypampa – 7 snakes Pass – Challhuay.
We wake up very early in the morning, after a good breakfast, we leave from Soraypampa ( altitude 3800 m.s.n.m. ) this is the hardest day because we have to climb to the 07 Snakes Pass ( at this point we get to 4600 m.s.n.m. of altitude), the highest part in our trip to MACHU PICCHU, where we can see the spectacular view of the second highest peak Named Salkantay a stunning snow covered mountain (6,271 m) and great views of Humantay and Huayanay mountains as well, small lakes, moraines and of course the flora and fauna typical from this region.
Later going downhill we will find some streams and all kind of birds, in the afternoon finishing our hard walking we arrive to CHALLHUAY. Where we have dinner and rest in our camp site, from this point starts the cloud forest region where there are many mosquitos.
Aprox. 8.30 hours hike
DAY 03 .- Challhuay – La Playa.
After an early breakfast approximately at 6:00 am. We begin our third day hiking until Wiñay Poqo, where we have lunch.
Hiking down hill is pretty easy and here you will be introduced to a high jungle niche very well know as Ceja de Selva where you will have the chance to find coca, coffee and several native fruit plantations.
In the afternoon walking more than two hours again down hill and we arrive to LA PLAYA village, we have dinner and overnight in our camp site.
Aprox. 6.00 hours hike
- Option for shower at the creek of Santa Tresa River.
DAY 04 .- La Playa - Aguas CalientesTown
From La Playa we take a local transportation for approximately 20 minutes to Lucma ( or just hike if not local transport is available), from here we start our climb of about 03 hours to Llactapata ( newly discovery Inca Site ) which is famous for a "great condor view of Machu Picchu", then we enjoy our picnic box lunch, thereafter we go down hill for about 2.30 hours to the Hydroelectric Plant, by 3:00 pm. Aprox. We will take the local train to Aguas Calientes which lasts 45 minutes.
You may also wish to take a soak and visit the town's famous hot springs which feels great after a hard hike. Aprox. 6.30 hours hike
Overnight in Machu PIcchu Village (Aguas Calientes) – Hotel accommodation IS NOT INCLUDED but it can be arranged as extra service.
The Fabled City
For centuries the Lost City has been the most durable of myths about ancient Peru. Hundreds of gold-hungry Spaniards died looking, all in vain. The irony was that there were lost cities buried in the forested regions of the Andes. The 20th century has seen the discovery of more than one but none more famous and awe-inspiring as the fabled Machu Picchu.
DAY 05 .- Machu Picchu – Cusco.
Early wake Up (by 05: 30 a.m.) After breakfast we will take the early tourist bus up to Machu Picchu, with an English speaking tour guide, we get to Machu Picchu by 6: 00 a.m., so from this time we will be able to visit The Crystal City, we will have the best chance to enjoy the beauty and the magic of this amazing Inca site.
You will have a guided tour for about 5 hours, and thereafter have free time to explore by yourself the whole site, if you wish climb Huayna Picchu Mountain (NOT INCLUDED ON THE TICKET, HAS TO BE ARRANGRED IN ADVANCE) which takes 2 hours up/down, also go to the temple of the moon which is located behind Huayna Picchu Mountain. We suggest that after visiting Machu Picchu take the bus down to Aguas Calientes by 16:00 p.m. at the latest (departure time Expedition tourist train at 18:00). Buses depart every 15 minutes.
Arriving Cusco city by 21:30 pm aprox., upon arrival you'll be transferred to your hotel.
End of our services
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND EXTRA SERVICES:
- Train from Machu Picchu/Cusco might change depending on availability.
- You can have lunch at Aguas Calientes town before taking the train back to Cusco
- Optional extra night stay in Aguas Calientes at additional cost.
- Personal horse for riding while on the trek with and extra cost of US $ 45.- (you can have a personal horse to ride any time you may need).
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu (Not Included but it can be arranged)
What is Included
- Transfers from and to your hotel.
- Transportation by bus to the start point of the trail (Mollepata - Cruzpata)
- English speaking professional guide.
- Igloo tents.
- 2 persons in each 4-person capacity tent with plenty of space for your backpacks
- Thick foam Mattress.
- Hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes (while hiking)
- Accommodation: 3 nights camping.
- Cook and Cooking equipment
- Excellent Meals (04B,04L,03D)
- Meals include pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice and all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leaf tea which is excellent for the altitude.
- We supply boiled water to fill in your water bottle all the time, if requested with enough time ahead (while hiking)
- Teatime the first three days (tea, coffee, biscuits, popcorn)
- Horses days 1-4 (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen
- Dining tent with camp tables and chairs
- Kitchen tent.
- Accommodation for our crew.
- First aid kit.
- Expedition tourist train from Hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes town
- Bus up/down to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu entrance fee.
- Expedition Tourist train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
What is Not Included
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes for the 4th night.
- Breakfast on the first morning.
- Dinner on 4th day.
- Lunch and Dinner on 5th day..
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes US$4.00
- Sleeping bags. You can rent from us for US $ 20 for the 5 day trek.
- Tips to tour guide, cook, porters and others.
- Personal equipment.
What you need to bring
- Sleeping bag 4 seasons suitable for temperatures down to -5C
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for a few dollars)
- Strong, comfortable footwear
- One complete change of clothing (you can afford to carry more changes of clothing if you hire a personal porters, see options below)
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Water bottle, ideally non disposable canteen (boiled drinking water will be provided)
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits, energy bars etc,
- Camera, and spare batteries, cash in soles and dollars
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes after the trek)
- Optional: walking Poles /sticks (rubber covers necessary)
- You also need to bring your original passport during the trek.
Registration, Payment and Cancellation Policy:
To reserve your space and the dates for the journey a US $ 350.00 deposit per person has to be paid immediately, 50% deposit of tour balance has to be paid 90 days prior the trip starts and 45 days the trip starts has to be paid in full. Every person has to fill out and sign the registration form of Peruvian Magic Journeys and send or bring it with them before the tour starts.
Deposit has to be made directly to a bank account or send it through Western Union to Cusco – Peru to Romulo Castilla. The final payment due must be respected; otherwise a fee will apply. We recommend you obtain travel insurance to protect you against all the unpredictable events that might stop you from taking the trip.
45 days prior 50 % and less than 30 days will be charged 80 % of total fare; NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN ONCE THE TOUR BEGINS.
I/we agree to take responsibility for all inconveniences and challenges that can happen while traveling in a third world country. I/we release Romulo Castilla and Peruvian Magic Journeys, from all responsibility and liability for unforeseen circumstances and /or changes in the schedule, weather, earthquakes, etc, acts of terrorism, and any other unforeseen events, mental/physical illnesses occurring during tour dates.
I/we are aware of and agree to the REGISTRATION, PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES and understand and agree to all above information.